ACEI collects information used to evaluate and translate foreign educational credentials and to order ACEI services, such as publications. This includes name, address, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers, educational history, and other information about educational background and credentials. ACEI takes an applicant’s privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable steps to protect the applicant’s privacy.
The information collected by ACEI is used in the evaluation of foreign educational credentials and to provide other services. In the course of evaluating foreign credentials, ACEI may use personal and educational information in a variety of ways that involve sharing the information with other organizations and individuals.
Contacting educational institutions to verify the authenticity of educational credentials
Contacting institutions or organizations that the applicant has attended or is planning to attend
Contacting academic institutions, government agencies, professional organizations, and other evaluation services if falsified documents are submitted
Complying with any legal requirements
Cookies are small strings of individually unidentifiable text that assist us in providing navigability and functionality for the ACEI web site. When you visit our site, a cookie will be placed on your browser to help your machine communicate with our web site. The cookie does not identify you by name and is not tied to you individually.
This website contains links to other sites. ACEI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on such websites. ACEI encourages you to review the privacy policies of these websites and take such steps as you deem necessary to protect your privacy before linking to these other websites.
ACEI uses encryption and other commercially-available technology to protect information gathered through the use of the ACEI web site.
ACEI does not send emails with links to update your information. ACEI is not responsible for phishing (refers to emails sent to individuals containing authentic-looking messages that instruct them to provide sensitive personal information) attempts made by identity thieves which use the ACEI name or identification.
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
9461 Charleville Boulevard, Box 188
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Any personal information provided by you or a third party (for example, name, schools attended, courses taken, grades received, etc.) may be used for the purpose of providing you with information and the services that you have requested from ACEI. Our employees, agents and contractors will have access to this information as necessary in order to perform their duties.
- Personal information will not be released to a third party except in the following circumstances:
- To comply with a judicial order, subpoena, lawful requests from governmental authorities or other legal requirements, to exercise our legal rights or to defend against any legal claims or actions brought against ACEI;
- To contact designated recipients of evaluation reports, educational institutions the applicant has attended and governmental institutions/agencies for additional information and/or verification of the authenticity of the applicant's credentials;
- To inform appropriate persons (academic institutions, government agencies, professional organizations and other evaluation services) in cases where documents submitted to ACEI are reported to ACEI by the appropriate persons not to be authentic or to be forged, altered or falsified;
- To prevent or protect against fraud or illegal activities;
- To institutions, agencies, or other recipients as designated by the applicant.
- ACEI will confirm, without the necessity of any further consent from the applicant, whether or not an evaluation report was issued by ACEI.
- Except as stated above, ACEI will not sell or distribute any information provided to any third parties. However, ACEI may summarize information about its applicants, including the services requested, and provide this to affiliated organizations, educational institutions and governmental institutions/agencies. Such summaries will not contain any personally identifying information regarding any applicants, except as otherwise provided herein.
ACEI uses a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of its applicants' personal information that it receives online. These measures include sophisticated encryption and authentication tools. All applicants' personal information received online is maintained within secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights and who are required to keep the information confidential. When an applicant submits an application or wishes to access his/her personal information, ACEI offers the use of a secure server. All credit card information that is supplied is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is only accessed as stated above.
You have the right to request that we delete all of your personal data provided we do not have a legal basis for refusing such a request. Any request to remove any personal data must be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must identify in detail the personal data that is to be deleted. Once ACEI has received and considered your request and confirmed that it has no legal basis for refusing such request, you will be notified within one month confirming that your personal data as you requested has been removed.