We are growing and looking at expanding our pool of experienced independent credential evaluators who can work remotely.
Position Title: Global Credential Evaluator
Status: Freelance/Independent Contractor
The global credential evaluator will evaluate academic credentials from around the world for U.S. educational equivalence in accordance with standards and policies followed by ACEI and those approved by the International Education Standards Council and the Association of International Credential Evaluators.
The main and routine tasks of the global credential evaluator assigned transcripts and diploma for evaluation are to:
- Research the status of the academic institution to ensure its legitimacy
- Verify the credential (when needed) with the source institution
- Advise the ACEI client services team in the event additional documents are needed before proceeding with the evaluation of credentials assigned
- Determine the entry requirement and minimum duration of the program being evaluated
- Identify the intent/purpose of program, e.g. does completion of the program and credential earned provide access to further education or is it terminal and for employment only
- Recommend the U.S. educational equivalence
- Prepare a course-by-course report with U.S. semester units of credit and grades, classifications for undergraduate studies (lower and upper division) and graduate studies, and calculate overall grade point averages
- Available to carry out expedited (Rush) evaluation requests
- Prepare response, if needed, to queries from applicants on the outcome of their evaluation reports
Training and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in evaluating international academic credentials that includes course-by-course evaluations
- Strong computer and research skills
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. education system (since its against this system that international credentials received by ACEI are evaluated)
- Ability to work independently
Skills and Knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change
- Solid understanding of evaluation principles and methodologies (e.g. converting credits/hours to U.S. semester units, converting marks/grades to U.S. letter grades)
- Able to meet deadlines (2-day turnaround and 1-day RUSH files)
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references from past employers and/or supervisor, to: Yolinisse Moreno, VP Marketing & Communications email@example.com.
Please note that ACEI does not accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
Posted: August 24, 2021